Former That Pastor recounts Why Choose Islam

Written By jieenk on Sunday, February 20, 2011 | 2:33 PM

Kisah Muallaf
It was not me who find Islam, Islam found me, "said Idris Tawfiq. He spoke in front of a large family of academics and a top British university, Cambridge. In college it was dihajat Experience Islam Week, an annual event, the event for the introduction of Islam and tolerance.

He admitted, there is no problem with his past. "I love my job and my past, but my heart like a guided choose Islam," he said. "After becoming a Muslim, I find the peace that I never found before."


According to him, his decision to choose Islam is the biggest decision of his life. He is still performing the service, when his heart spoke then another. Until one day, come the courage to declare behenti and backward. "I feel lonely after that," he said.

First, he states cease to be a priest. However, he still holds kayakinan length, while continuing to study Islam. "I do not intend to change my faith was not part of my plan at all," he said.

He stated, lived and grew up in England for 40 years, he had a view of stereotypes about Muslims. But while on holiday in Egypt, he met and befriended many Muslims, and said that he began to realize the perception of the Islamic faith. "My old beliefs slowly faded, and Islam became more attracted my attention," he said.

According to him, Islam is actually very beautiful. "Not true Islam teaches violence." If you explore the teachings of Islam, you will find the teachings of this religion is really very beautiful, very soft, and sweet, "he said.

He suggested one thing for those who are studying Islam. "Before you membuah decision, take a deep breath and listen to what Islam says. Then, penahi your mindset," he said.

Currently, Tawfiq decided to stay in Egypt. He admitted to not giddy with the political changes in the country. "One thing that Islam is taught, never surprised by anything that comes into our lives. In Egypt, all proved. Who knew in just three weeks tyrant 30 years in power they fell down," he said.

0 comments: